Saturday, May 12, 2007

Rise Phoenix Rise


Yup! It’s the same old white virtual blank sheet greeting me like always except this time ALT+F4 is fighting a losing battle. The previous posted blog was centuries ago, that’s mainly because talks with me and God about a 36 hour day fell apart and other priorities caught up. Now that I am home sweet home just in the nick of 12th May J , I finally decided to do what I should have been doing regularly. Let bygones be bygones. Doesn’t mean I am going to fill you in with did I brush my teeth, or the fact that the newspaper is still 72 pages or that opera singer still practices in the opposite building. Nor are blogs just a place to dump the forwards you get. Why call it a blog if you are just going through a compilation of forwarded forwards that have been roaming the cyber galaxies long before you surfed on it. The previous warranted outburst was at the top rankers at the ibibo contest. When I went through few of the top entries- it made me cry at how farcical blogging had been made by them. It wasn’t about quality blogs, it was …. [Non printable words only seem to fill that place up] Though I rather blame the framing of the criterion by those guys since I can’t blame the top rankers- they are just playing the game within the rules.

Blogging as I always thought was a way to express your thoughts on whatever you felt like expressing, not what others would think you want to express. That pretty much doesn’t give anyone including me any right to criticize anyone if even their blog is just an arbit collection of voyeuristic photographs. After all, the person is just expressing his thoughts. But the surprising fact remains that these are fast growing “blogs” and the massive male audience keeps on “coming” faster and faster for such “blogs”. [Still can’t get myself to certify them as blogs, hence the double quotes]

Though the definition of blogging has been so abstract, anyone and everyone who puts up a page on the internet with a morsel of information can say he/she blogs. So I rest my case. Moving on to more mundane things like ones birthday and I am done with that too pretty much. I know I would sound like the oddest person on planet Earth to have celebrated my birthday having done nothing except lazing around, but being in my shoes, you’d understand that it in itself is a great thing. But before I close this chapter of becoming 21, I have to thank each one of you for messaging me, scrapping me, texting me, chatting up and calling up to wish me. Means a lot to me when you take that effort even it isn’t much. Back to moving on to 21, once upon this number meant significance, guess 18 has taken over that domain and from 18 onwards it’s the same phase till you get done with your undergrad or so I think. Shall find out in a years time!!

Not a crisp blog at all, I know. But my rustiness needed to be flushed out of the system and what better day to choose than your birthday to have a brand new start. So, let us term this post as a wake up call for me to get back to do the write thing :) once I remember my password i.e.

Ps: sorry about the delay in getting back to all those who had dropped in your comments.

No comments: