Monday, January 10, 2022

Review: The Almanack of Naval Ravikant: A Guide to Wealth and Happiness

The Almanack of Naval Ravikant: A Guide to Wealth and Happiness The Almanack of Naval Ravikant: A Guide to Wealth and Happiness by Eric Jorgenson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Hooter: A compilation of Angel Investor Naval Ravikant's tweets and insights on wealth creation and personal happiness.

For starters, wealth and happiness are two sections in this book and not intertwined incase someone thought the same based on the title. That said because it is a compilation and not a self written book, the biggest plus this book has it goes away from "My perspective of the world is awesome hence I am successful and you should see how I did well through that perspective" complex that a lot of self help books do down with. Instead here it is a series of statements and insights that Naval made through his tweets / tweetstorms and the background to why in a concise manner. This book is packed a with truckload of ideas so I am sure to refer back to it time and again to see if there are ideas I can leverage for the challenges I face at that point in time versus having stored all that info in my head.

Couple of major takeaways start off with "learn to love to read" and don't read purely because it is cool to do or a chore because that is where information seemingly is available. Breadth is important but depth is even more. So focus on one, build depth, move on to next and build depth and so on.
Money is not wealth is another key takeaway.

Another big plus is the author is giving away the ebook for free so easily distribution channels for anyone who is interested. Let me know if you need a copy too.



View all my reviews

No comments: