Friday, September 02, 2022

Review: Mythos: The Greek Myths Retold

Mythos: The Greek Myths Retold Mythos: The Greek Myths Retold by Stephen Fry
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Hooter: Retelling of Greek Mythology in Stephen Fry's style

When is an audiobook better than a book - here is an example. I loved my 5th grade Greek history textbook but if we had complementary audiobooks like this, I am sure my class at Ibn Seena Sharjah would have pushed our history scores a notch higher. Stephen Fry with his dry wit and humor takes us through the varied stories of Greek Mythology - happy endings, tragic endings (more of these) and adds a breath of life to all the characters we have heard of in varying forms but ironically makes them human.

From the famous Zeus in his good naturedness, mischief and roving eye mode to Prometheus wanting to give fire to his creation of mankind , the Titans sitting uneasy to stories of unrequited love, Midas gold , jealousy and the whole mix. Each story is pretty much stand alone with repeating characters and makes it an easy audiobook listen over a duration.


View all my reviews

No comments: