Thursday, September 16, 2021

Review: My Indian Odyssey

My Indian Odyssey My Indian Odyssey by Vincent Ebrahim
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Hooter: A Third Culture Kid tries tracing his grandfather's journey experiencing his roots on the way

As a podcast, Vincent does a lovely job of capturing the sounds of India through the 8 episodes as he visits Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Delhi, Agra, McLeodganj, Darjeeling, Kolkata and experiences different aspects of each of the cities and the multitude of cultures that India offers, all whilst he tries to figure what his grand dad went through back in 1899 when he sailed out to South Africa. Whilst it feels like another standard foreigner visiting India and meeting a very tiny sample set of Indian community and adding broad scopes based on the same, I liked how he did capture some aspects of India purely though an audio podcast. I could relive some of the places based on the descriptions he shared mingled with the background noises whether it is the train journey, walking through Chandni Chowk or dining at some fancy places especially the "dress code" which even colonial Britain no longer follows.

View all my reviews

No comments: