Monday, January 08, 2024

Review: No More Mr. Nice Guy

No More Mr. Nice Guy No More Mr. Nice Guy by Robert A. Glover
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Hooter: A self help on the detoxing from the toxicity of "Mr Nice Guy" syndrome

Honestly - the description and behaviour of "Mr. Nice Guy" felt too real and very close to home. I was like the book is really talking to me. Unfortunately that is where it stopped. Going through the examples gets extremely tedious and the generic action / exercises feel contrived in terms of defining impactful change. The examples are placed to make you feel you can relate to people with similar situations as you, but I felt that pushed me away from the book as I couldn't relate to the examples.

If there was one summary you'd take without even reading the book is - continue working on a better version of yourself and communicate your thoughts clearly in any type of relationship - whether love or work.

View all my reviews

No comments: